Imagine you have a bathtub full of dirty, smelly, gross sewage. And you try to replace all the sewage by pouring in a cup of beautiful, clean, alkaline water. You keep pouring cups of water in, sewage pours over the edge of the tub, and true, you do make a little progress because there’s a little less sewage than before. But imagine you empty the tub first and then fill it up with brand new water.
This is how affirmations work. You must clear out the bad that’s filling up your mind and spirit before you can believe the good things that affirmations are trying to help you believe. Yes, affirmations can still help without cleaning out the tub. But it’ll take a lot longer, be discouraging when you don’t “get immediate results,” and you’ll be in tension with your subconscious beliefs.
Here are my favorite starter affirmations:
1. I trust that whatever is happening in my life is for my highest good.
2. I choose to see this season of my life with gratitude for everything I'm getting to learn.
3. I see beauty all around me.
4. I am thankful that life is a rich experience that includes everything.
5. I embrace the gratitude that is surfacing in my life with joy.
1. I am surrounded by love every day in every way.
2. Everywhere I go, I find love.
3. Love shines from within me.
4. I spread love with my words, deeds, and life.
5. I accept and receive the love offered to me.
1. My actions create constant wealth, prosperity, and abundance.
2. I’m open and receptive to all the wealth life offers me.
3. I always have more than enough money.
4. I allow myself to flow with financial abundance always, and I generously share my wealth.
5. I radiate wealth, abundance, and prosperity.